We appreciate that our QAILS application is taking some time and wish to give our valued supporters a further progress update.
- Our name change to “Robina Community Legal Centre” (RCLC) has been approved by general meeting of members and is now registered with Fair Trading Queensland.
- We continue to collaborate with other CLC’s including working closely with the Citizens Advice Bureau / Gold Coast Legal Service. As a start up it is important that RCLC has the benefit of others’ experience in this sector.
- Now that we have the NACLC Risk Management Guide, our Practice Management Guide and supporting documents have been drafted and are currently being settled by the management committee, especially the executive team.
- Our Financial Plan has been updated, in reference to financial support from the Gold Coast District Law Association, Julian Burnside AO QC, Bond University and others.
- Professor Bee Chen Goh has resigned from the executive Treasury position but is staying on management committee.
- Glenys Owen has stepped up to the position of Treasurer. Glenys is the owner and solicitor principal of Swift Solicitors, Parkwood.
As said last time: we have been busy. Please rest assured that we will open for business in early 2014 but there is considerable work in compliance involved to get to this stage, bearing in mind that all work being done is by volunteers.