Notice of the Annual General Meeting of My Community Legal Inc. (MCL) and Volunteer Appreciation
Dear Members, Volunteers and Friends of My Community Legal,
We are delighted to invite you to our Annual General Meeting and Networking Event held online and in person on Friday 13 November 2020.
Please find attached the following documents for your reference:
- Nomination form; and
- Proxy form.
Chaired by: Her Honour the Chief Justice of Queensland
Guest Speakers: Professor Nick James, Executive Dean, Faculty of Law, Bond University, President, Treasurer and Principal/Coordinator.
Where: Due to restrictions associated with COVID-19 we are holding our Annual General Meeting and Networking Event in two formats; in person (limited numbers) and online.
Personal Attendance (limited numbers): Bond University Faculty of Law, Building 4 Level 2, Law Library Lounge.
E Attendance: Online (login details provided on purchase of ticket).
When: Friday 13 November 2020, 5:00 PM for a 5:30 PM start
At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- ask questions and find out about MCL’s operations and finances; and
- vote on any resolutions proposed.
- Member $25
- Non-Member $50
- Member $25
- Non-Member $50
- Group/Firm Member or Non-Member $100
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased online at:
- Confirmation of minutes of the 2019 AGM.
- Reception of the annual report and financial statement for the year ending 30 June 2020.
- Electing members of the management committee;
- To consider and if thought fit to pass the following special resolution: “That the rules of the association be amended by the proposed amendments that appear attached to this document marked “Proposed amendments to RCLC’s Association Rules” (which proposed amendments are tabled at this meeting, and marked for identification purposes by the President of the association).
- Any other business required or permitted to be conducted by the Associations Incorporation Act.
We will be calling for nominations to the Committee that will be voted upon at the AGM. In 2019/2020 the following positions to be filled at the AGM and the process to be followed as are follows:
First Step – Nominations
The committee positions available are:
- Vice President
- Ordinary committee members
Please return a correctly completed nomination form signed by two seconders (financial members), to the Secretary by 5:00pm 30 October 2020. A list of candidates’ names in alphabetical order, together with the proposers and seconders will then be posted outside MCL’s office for 7 days commencing 6 November 2020.
Second Step – Election
If there are more candidates than there are vacant positions, members vote by show of hands, or by ballot if requested by at least 20% of the voting members. Only financial members can participate in the vote. The candidate with the most votes over 50% of the vote will win the respective position.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you may appoint a proxy. You may do so be completing the attached Proxy Form and returning it as per instructions.
This evening will be a great opportunity to get together with volunteers, colleagues and friends and appreciate MCL’s progress and hard work this year.
MCL wouldn’t be able to operate without the hardworking volunteers. We would love all volunteers to attend so that we can express our appreciation for your dedication and effort over the past 12 months.
Partners, friends and colleagues are also welcome to attend online. If they aren’t already members, we encourage them to sign up. You can sign up for our memberships online at https://www.mycommunitylegal.org.au/get-involved/membership/.
Please RSVP your attendance or return your proxy form to email@example.com on or before 6 November 2020.
Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the AGM on Friday 13 November 2020!
MY COMMUNITY LEGAL INC.